1. Arrive at least a day in advance and stay for few days after your experiment. A User presentation at the end of the experiment is to be made by the User. User Presentation should describe the objective, troubles encountered, suggestions for improvement etc.
2. All requirements should be collected before the start of the experiment, within regular hours 9.00-17.30 hrs. Radiation badges (from health physics room no.107) (Electronic modules, cables, connectors etc., from Data Room). CDs etc., should be collected from computer group (room no.110) and detectors from detector lab(room 232) within specified time.
3. Targets : Users are advised to bring the targets/sample mounted on the strip to be attached to the ladder, if possible or ensure that targets are on standard holders to fit the ladder of the chamber to be used. If one needs help in target preparation, kindly contact Convener AUC well in advance.
4. All the target mounting operation should be completed and the vacuum in the chamber must be less than 1x10-6 torr before the beam time starts. The target outgassing should not worsen the vacuum beyond this limit, when the beam falls on the target.
5. Users are advised not to plan change of target/samples during a run to optimize Pelletron time utilization.
6. Only one type of ion is normally provided in a run, since change of ion takes time and optimum beam time utilization requires scheduling users of the same type of beam in one stretch.
7. All equipment brought in by the users should be declared at the main gate. A gate pass will be required to take these out again. Any material being taken from IUAC should be approved by the Convener AUC and a gate pass obtained.
8. Local Experiment Coordinator for experiments if needed will be assigned by the Beam Time Scheduling Group (BTSG).
Publications or report coming out of the experimental project must be sent in the form of a preprint to Convener AUC, who will assign a report no., display on IUAC notice board for a few days for comments, if any. Users are requested to allow a minimum time of two weeks before communicating the paper to conference/journal.
Copies of published paper on work done at IUAC should be subsequently submitted to Convener AUC.